Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium Theatre Reopens as 5-Screen Luxury Movie Theater [10/5]
- Washington, DC: Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinema to Open October 15, 2015 [10/5]
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
- Bellevue, WA: AMC Loews Factoria 8 Closed Temporarily for Seating Upgrades [9/29]
- Appleton, WI: Marcus Valley Value Cinema Closed [9/24]
- Renton, WA: Regal East Valley 13 Closed, Building Sold to CarMax [9/23]
- Camillus, NY: Movie Tavern Breaks Ground, Plans May 2016 Opening [9/21]
The AMC Dublin Village 18 in Dublin, Ohio has received some upgrades, according to a recent press release from AMC Theatres. Those upgrades include new screens, speakers, "plush power recliners," a full bar, and expanded concession choices.
“The best possible guest experience is at the heart of everything we do. Whether that’s through numerous concession options, a full bar, incredibly comfortable chairs or an amazing movie presentation, we want our guests to be excited about coming out to the movies again and again,” said Mark McDonald, executive vice president of development at AMC.
The press release goes on to say that every seat in the house is now reserved seating, and once you get in your assigned seat, you'll be able to lay back and put your feet up without any more effort than a button push. Seating capacity has been reduced in every auditorium to make this upgrade possible, providing more leg room and larger armrests provide for more elbow room as well.
The concession stand offers the traditional popcorn and candy choices, but hot food items like chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, and pizza are also available. Coca-Cola Freestyle machines allow guests to choose from a wide variety of beverage flavors (120 flavors were mentioned).
The MacGuffins® Bar serves adults 21 and over, with choices of beer, glasses of wine, and cocktails. The bar is a lounge that can be enjoyed by patrons before and after the show, and drinks can be taken into designated auditoriums.
These upgrades don't seem to be coming at a premium price, however. A quick look at the theater's web site shows new releases being shown in the evenings for just $6.75 for an adult ticket. That's quite a bit lower than we were expecting to see for a theater with reserved seating and upgraded seats. In comparison, the same movie in the same time slot at the nearby Marcus Crosswoods UltraScreen Cinema runs $10 for an adult ticket. It's possible that the AMC has cheaper showtimes during the week than on the weekends, which is supported by the fact that a Friday evening show of a new release is coming up as $9.50. This is still lower than the Marcus, making it worth checking out for your next moviegoing experience!
To see what's playing and when, head over to the Showtimes page for AMC Dublin Village 18.
Source: AMC Theatres press release. Image courtesy AMC Theatres.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.