Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "The Angry Birds Movie" - August 16, 2016 [8/16]
- On Home Video: "Me Before You" - August 30, 2016 (Digital Purchase Available Now) [8/16]
- Purchase "The Bourne Classified Collection" for $19.99 and Get a $5 Amazon Gift Card [8/1]
- On Home Video: "Aliens" 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Set - September 16, 2016 [7/25]
- On Home Video: Miles Davis Drama "Miles Ahead" - July 19, 2016 [7/20]
- On Home Video: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Ultimate Edition - July 19, 2016 [7/19]
- On Home Video: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - July 12, 2016 [7/12]
- Get a Free Copy of "Independence Day" from FandangoNOW - 6/10/16 - 6/12/16 Only [6/10]
- Check Out the Hologram TIE Fighter and Millenium Falcon on this Vinyl Release of the Soundtrack for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" [6/8]
- Catch Up on the Bourne Movies Before the Release of "Jason Bourne" - 4 Movies for $23.99 at Amazon.com [6/1]
This is one of their "Gold Box Deals" so it's only good today, November 1, 2013, only and while supplies last, so if you want them, don't hesitate!
The Alien Anthology box set was released in 2010, so it's difficult to imagine that fans of the series haven't already picked it up, but just about every fan of the series liked the first two movies and disliked the second two, so there may be some that were holding out for a better price. While the first two movies rank pretty highly with me (Aliens is my favorite sci-fi action movie of all time), there were things I could appreciate about the other two even if they paled in comparison. At under $20 for four movies, even if two of them are a little lacking, I think this is a really good deal!
Prometheus started out as another movie in the Alien franchise, but it ended up being more of an origin of the mythology rather than a direct connection. While it was panned by some that wanted more, I thought it was done well enough to stand on its own and as an extension of the "Alien" universe. At under $10, it's definitely worth picking up for the extras and to watch it a couple of times to take in everything that the movie contains.
This deal expires at the end of the day (or sooner), so be sure to check out the deals and pull the trigger if you're interested!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.