Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
Landmark Theatres is planning to build a 10-screen movie theater in Washington DC's NoMa neighborhood, according to a recent article in the Washington Business Journal:
Landmark Theatres, the owner of the E Street Cinema in downtown D.C. and the Bethesda Row Cinema in Bethesda, will bring a 10-screen movie theater to the District's NoMa neighborhood.
The 31,000-square foot theater will be part of the The JBG Cos. Capitol Point development at New York Avenue and N Street NE. Capitol Point will also include a 200-room Hyatt Place hotel, 600 residential units and 1 million square feet of office space.
“We are dedicated to increasing our footprint in the Washington, D.C. market," Landmark Theatres’ CEO and President, Ted Mundorff," said in a statement. "Capitol Point in NoMa is a perfect location to serve not only NoMa but the underserved Capitol Hill area.”
It's projected that the theater would open in 2016. Click the Read link to view the full article.
According to our records, there are 32 movie theaters in Washington DC, including the Landmark E Street Cinema, with a total of 51 within 10 miles of the new theater's location. The closest theater to the location of this new Landmark location is the Regal Gallery Place Stadium 14 on 6th NW and H Street NW next to the Verizon Center. Landmark Theatres owns/operates 59 locations around the country.
Related News Articles
- With NoMa cinema, Landmark Theatres is the latest to bring a theater back to D.C. -- The Washington Post [Nov 8, 2013]
Ten-Screen Movie Theater Coming to NoMa -- Washington City Paper [Nov 7, 2013]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.