Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Lexington Cinema 8
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
We've received a few E-Mails over the weekend asking about a movie theater opening in Lexington, North Carolina, but we didn't have much more than that to go on. After making some inquiries, we did find out that it appears that the former Carmike Cinema 8 - Lexington, which closed May 10, 2012 (read the Journal article), is being reopened.
The Dispatch published an article earlier this month with some details:
Rob McHone from Rosecrest Entertainment in Lexington is reopening the Cinema 8 movie theater on Talbert Boulevard.
"People shouldn't have to drive for 25 minutes just to go see a movie," McHone said. "The people of Lexington deserve to have a good theater."
McHone said that he plans on having the movie theater open for business within the next several weeks.
"My hope is to be open fairly soon," he said. "I would like to be ready by the holiday season."
Because of the condition of the building, McHone said he may stagger the opening of the theater by showing movies on only four of the eight screens.
"It is a work in progress," McHone said. "We still have a lot to do. There is a huge amount of cleaning that still needs to be done, and we are doing updates the best we can. Eventually we plan on having all eight screens running."
The new owner said the theater will show first-run movies, like the second installment of "The Hunger Games" series and "Anchorman 2." McHone said the best thing about reopening Cinema 8 is that it will now be locally owned.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Showtimes are finally now available!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.