Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
- San Diego, CA: The LOT - Liberty Station to Open May 5, 2016 [5/4]
- Palm Desert, CA: Tristone Cinemas to Take Over After Cinémas Palme d'Or Closes [4/27]
- Palm Desert, CA: Cinémas Palme d'Or Blames Cinemark for Putting It Out of Business [4/27]
- Forest Hills, NY: Cinemart Cinemas Closed Until May 26, 2016 for Renovations [4/27]
- Battle Creek, MI: NCG - Battle Creek to Open April 29, 2016 [4/26]
- Kings Mountain, NC: New Hounds Drive-In Opening Soon [4/21]
- Taylor, MI: Cinemark Southland Center and XD Opens Today [4/21]
- St. Petersburg, FL: Cobb Theatres - Tyrone Luxury 10 Now Open [4/18]
- Kapolei, HI: Regal Kapolei Commons 12 Opening April 21, 2016 [4/18]
The Cinemark Springfield Square Cinema 10 in Mansfield, Ohio will close December 1, 2013, according to an article published recently in the Mansfield News Journal:
Cinemark Springfield Square Cinema 10, better known as the dollar theater, will close Dec. 1, employees confirmed. Mark Weidemyre, director of the Ontario Growth Corporation, said he is sad to see any business leave Ontario.
“Especially with the growth we’re experiencing, it was a very affordable thing for families to do,” Weidemyre said. “We will actively be looking for someone to fill the space.”
James Meredith, vice president of marketing and communication for the Cinemark Corporation, did not return calls seeking comment.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater is currently playing movies that debuted between August and mid-October, such as Elysium, We're the Millers, and Runner Runner, all for $1 per ticket. While the Cinemark 14 Mansfield Town Center is a very short drive away, it isn't showing movies for a dollar. That theater is showing first-run movies for anywhere between $5.25 for a matinee and $8.50 for an evening 3D show. In fact, if you want to see Elysium on the big screen, and you're in Mansfield, plan on travelling almost 50 miles to see it at the Cinemark Movies 10 - Canton in North Canton.
Photo above ©2013 Cinemark USA, Inc
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.