Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
The Grand 14 - Esplanade in Kenner, Louisiana opened to the public today, December 13, 2013. Located on the outskirts of The Esplanade Shopping Center, the new 14-screen location is the only movie theater in Kenner. The Hollywood Cinema 9, located nearby, closed this June as the construction of this theater was nearing its end.
We don't have many details about the theater (no press release has been issued as of yet), but the web site for owner Southern Theatres, LLC. lists the following amenities:
- Wall to Wall Screens
- Stadium Seating
- 3D Capabilities
- GPX Auditorium
- Digital Sound
- High Back Rocking Chairs
- Game Room
- Specialty Cafe
- Birthday Party Packages
- Free Refill Lg Corn & Lg Drink
- Closed Captioning
An article published in the Times-Picayune mentions that the theater will feature the Dolby Atmos sound system in the big-screen concept GPX screen. This is borne out in their Showtimes, which show that The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D is indeed playing in Dolby Atmos.
Click the Read link below to view the full article and to see photos of the theater. To find out what's playing, see the Showtimes page for The Grand 14 - Esplanade!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.