Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Baxter Avenue Filmworks
- Republic Theatres - Dixie Dozen
- Rave Cinemas Preston Crossings 16
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
The Republic Theatres - Dixie Dozen in Louisville, Kentucky is closed, but little information is available as to why or if the theater will reopen. The last date we received showtimes for the theater was Thursday, October 24, 2013.
The only news mention we could find was an article published by WLKY on November 13th:
People living and working in the Shively and Valley Station areas are wondering why a popular movie theater has closed.
It's the only one in their proximity and it has been in the community for decades.
The ticket counter is boarded up at the Dixie Dozen Theatre.
According to other tenants in the Dixie Manor Shopping Center, near the end of October, managers at the theater started moving out. Then, days later, they turned out the lights and locked the doors.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater was operated by Republic Theatres, which owns/operates three locations in Kentucky, one in Indiana, and another in Ohio.
Moviegoers in the area will need to see movies on the big screen at a different theater from now on. The two closest choices are the Baxter Avenue Filmworks and the Rave Cinemas Preston Crossings 16, both about 8-10 miles away. (Click to see a full list of nearby theaters)
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.