Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The Carmike 13 in Colorado Springs, Colorado is scheduled to open tomorrow, December 19, 2013, according to a press release issued earlier this month by Carmike Cinemas. The theater replaced the Carmike Chapel Hills 15, which closed on October 25, 2012 and demolished along with a KMart store so that this theater could be built.
The new 13-screen location will offer moviegoers stadium-style seating with high-backed rocking chairs with retractable armrests and cupholders, as well as Digital Cinema Projection systems in every auditorium. One of those auditoriums will be Carmike's big-screen concept BigD rooms, which steps things up a notch by entertaining nearly 600 guests with an upgraded sound system and a screen measuring 80 feet wide and more than 30 feet tall. (Expect to pay an upcharge for the pleasure, though.)
The theater opens at 4pm on Thursday with a fundraising event that will benefit Ronald McDonald House. Movie tickets will be $2 each, with $2 popcorn and drink specials as well.
On Friday, all those purchasing tickets for a movie in the BigD auditorium will be given a voucher for a $1 large drink and a $1 large popcorn, which can be redeemed until December 22, 2013.
In the press release, Carmike Cinemas President and CEO David Passman was quoted as saying:
At each Carmike location we are committed to bringing our customers a ‘best-in-class entertainment experience’ at an attractive value, including large format digital projection with bigger screens, better sound, and the finest in-theatre seating for cutting-edge presentations for the definitive enjoyment of our audiences. Additionally, Carmike’s premium ‘BigD’ format in Colorado Springs, our 22nd location for this uniquely immersive cinema presentation, further elevates the experience to an exciting new level for cinema goers. We are extremely pleased to celebrate the opening of the Carmike 13 and look forward to continuing to actively expand our growing circuit in promising locations like Colorado Springs.
We should have showtimes for the theater later today or early tomorrow, so check their Showtimes page for updates!
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.