Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
The Cinemark Ada in Ada, Oklahoma opened to the public today. The 8-screen theater is located in the North Hills Centre near Lonnie Abbott Boulevard and Mississippi Avenue, just a few hundred feet from the Cinemark North Hills 6.
Cinemark announced the theater's opening in press release yesterday:
"Cinemark and Ada have had a special relationship over the years and we're proud to open this new theatre just in time for the holidays," states Tim Warner, Cinemark's Chief Executive Officer. "The new Ada 8 will offer an exceptional movie going experience which the Ada community can be proud to call their own."
Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark Ada 8 Theatre will offer:
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in four auditoriums.
- Enhanced, sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended.
- A traditional crew-serve concession stand - offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages, favorite candy brands, nachos, and more
- Stadium Seating
While there is no mention of what is happening with the North Hills 6 theater, they do not have showtimes published any longer and their voice phone number is picked up by a fax machine. It would appear that the older theater has been closed, but if you have more details, please leave a comment below!
Source: Cinemark Press Release and Web Site
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Would be very nice if this Cinemark would include a phone number in their newspaper ads or even what is showing and show times.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.