Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
This almost isn't worth posting now due to the fact that it's not due for another year, but the concept is interesting enough to warrant passing along.
Dreamworks Animation SKG has announced that ABC will be airing "Shrek the Halls," an animated holiday feature that it hopes will be regarded as highly as the traditional holiday classics "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, and Antonio Banderas will reprise their original roles of Shrek, Donkey, Fiona, and Puss In Boots, which is perhaps the shows best chances of fulfilling those hopes!
GLENDALE, Calif., Nov. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- ABC Entertainment adds "Shrek The Halls," an original animated special from DreamWorks Animation SKG, to its impressive library of holiday classics, it was announced today by Stephen McPherson, president, ABC Entertainment and Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation SKG. The half-hour soon-to-be Christmas favorite will premiere in December 2007.
"Family classics are a cornerstone of our brand, and 'Shrek The Halls' will provide warm memories year-after-year, and be a great addition to our library of holiday favorites such as 'Santa Claus is Comin' to Town' and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas,'" said McPherson.
Shrek has been featured in two major animated films to-date, and the world television premiere of "Shrek 2" will air Sunday, November 24, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m., ET on ABC.
Added Katzenberg, "The time has come to celebrate the joys of the holiday season with Shrek and his family, and see how Christmas would play out in his world. 'Shrek the Halls' follows a natural storytelling path for us, and we're so happy to be partnered with ABC in expanding the world of Shrek into the television arena."
"Shrek The Halls" brings Christmas home to the swamp. Join Shrek (Mike Myers), Fiona (Cameron Diaz), Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and Puss In Boots (Antonio Banderas), and all their fairytale buddies as they put their own twist on everyone's favorite holiday traditions. The half-hour special will be directed by Gary Trousdale ("Beauty and the Beast") and produced by Teresa Cheng ("Madagascar") and Gina Shay ("The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie").
Holiday favorites included in the ABC library are "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown," the annual "Walt Disney Christmas Parade" and "Tournament of Roses Parade" and "New Year's Rockin' Eve."
Source: DreamWorks Animation SKG
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.