Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Palm Desert, CA: Tristone Cinemas to Take Over After Cinémas Palme d'Or Closes [4/27]
- Palm Desert, CA: Cinémas Palme d'Or Blames Cinemark for Putting It Out of Business [4/27]
- Forest Hills, NY: Cinemart Cinemas Closed Until May 26, 2016 for Renovations [4/27]
- Battle Creek, MI: NCG - Battle Creek to Open April 29, 2016 [4/26]
- Kings Mountain, NC: New Hounds Drive-In Opening Soon [4/21]
- Taylor, MI: Cinemark Southland Center and XD Opens Today [4/21]
- St. Petersburg, FL: Cobb Theatres - Tyrone Luxury 10 Now Open [4/18]
- Kapolei, HI: Regal Kapolei Commons 12 Opening April 21, 2016 [4/18]
- Country Club Hills, IL: Marcus Theatres Buys Closed AMC Loews Country Club Hills 16 [4/14]
- Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford Reunite for New Indiana Jones Movie in 2019 [4/12]
Digital Cinema Destinations Corp., which operates theaters under the Digiplex Destinations brand, has signed a purchase agreement for the Paragon Ocean Walk 10 in Daytona Beach, Florida from Paragon Entertainment Group, according to a press release issued recently by the company.
The theater is part of the Ocean Walk Shoppes dining and entertainment center and was taken over by Paragon in February 2013. The agreement at the time was for a 15-year lease.
Digiplex will be licensing the "My Pi" concept from Paragon, which offers custom pizza and craft beers, which is the company's first foray into the theater-restaurant combination that has become very popular in the past couple of years.
Mike Whalen, President of Paragon Theaters, stated, “We are very pleased that our Daytona location will be in good hands under Digiplex’s innovative management. Their team has a proven track record and a growing reputation for bringing expanded entertainment options to appreciative audiences around the country. Daytona cinemagoers will soon have the chance to enjoy opera, live sports, curated DigiNext content and much more, as well as the finest in Hollywood tent-poles and smaller, independently produced titles.”
The deal is expected to be finalized sometime during the first quarter of 2014. As part of the deal, Digiplex has the right of first-refusal on the Paragon Deerfield 8 in Deerfield Beach.
Paragon Entertainment currently operates seven locations in Florida. Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. currently has 20 locations around the country. This will be its first location in Florida to be open, but a new location in New Smyrna Beach was announced by the company in October 2013.
Source: Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. Press Release. Photo above courtesy Paragon Ocean Walk 10 at Daytona Beach.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.