Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Aventura 24
- Ridge Cinema 8
- Regal Broward Stadium 12 & RPX
- Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11
- Regal Sawgrass 23 & IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- Decatur, GA: Big Cinemas South Dekalb Stadium 12 Closed [3/3]
- Norcross, GA: Big Cinemas Peachtree Funplex 8 Closed [3/3]
- Valdosta, GA: GTC Ashley 8 Cinemas Closed [3/3]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
The Regal Broward Stadium 12 & RPX in Plantation, Florida opened Thursday, January 16, 2014. The new 12-screen movie theater is located in the Westfield Broward Mall near West Broward Boulevard and South University Drive, and features one of Regal Entertainment Group's big screen concept RPX auditoriums.
There wasn't an official press release from Regal about the new theater, but their "grand openings" page did list the following amenities:
- Digital projection in every auditorium to provide a crystal-clear picture.
- Real D 3D projection systems available for 3D enhanced presentations.
- Stadium seating provides each moviegoer a clear view of the screen.
- Retractable cup holders move out of the way to form seats for two.
- Fully stocked concession stands offer name brand, high quality snacks.
- Guest service desk provides extra assistance in the spacious lobby.
- The computerized box office speeds up ticket transactions.
- Regal Express kiosks offer customers fully-automated ticket purchasing.
- Advance tickets are also available by phone or through REGmovies.com.
- The industry-leading Regal Crown Club loyalty program rewards frequent moviegoers
- Party Room available to celebrate birthdays, family gatherings and more. *if available
No details exist about the size of the screen in the RPX auditorium, but RPX installations typically have much larger screens, an upgraded sound system, and often more luxurious seating compared to the "standard" auditoriums. All this, of course, comes with an upcharge in the price. For example, an evening show of a 2D movie for an adult is $10.50, but in the RPX auditorium, you'll pay $14.50.
The nearest movie theaters to this location are the Ridge Cinema 8 and Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11. The RPX auditorium would compete with IMAX theaters, of which the closest is the Regal Sawgrass 23 & IMAX (about five miles West), and big screen concepts from other chains, such as AMC's ETX, but the closest one of those is at the AMC Aventura 24 (about 13 miles to the Southeast).
Source: Regal Entertainment Group web site. Photo above is courtesy Westfield Broward Mall.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.