Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
The Chatham 14 Theaters in Chicago, Illinois has been sold to Studio Movie Grill, and renovations will begin in February, according to an article published on DNAinfo Chicago:
A massive redevelopment planned for the Chatham 14 Theaters will add a sports bar in the lobby, eliminate the concession stand and allow customers to drink alcohol and eat dinner while watching a movie.
The renovation is set to begin in February and expected to end in April, according to Ald. Howard Brookins (21st), whose ward includes the movie theater at 210 W. 87th St.
"The theater will have bigger seats, wider aisles and allow customers to purchase tickets and reserve seats online at no additional cost," Brookins said. "The renovations are supposed to start around Feb. 2 and end by the end of April."
Ticket prices would remain the same at $10 for adults and $7.50 for children 12 and under, Brookins said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater will remain open during the renovation, according to the Studio Movie Grill spokesperson quoted in the article. The company operates the Studio Movie Grill - Wheaton in Wheaton, as well as 14 other locations around the country.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.