Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Regal Cinemas Indio Metro 8
- Cinémas Palme d'Or
Palm Desert, CA
- Century at The River and XD
Rancho Mirage, CA
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
Cinemark Holdings Inc. announced recently that it intends to build a 12-screen movie theater in the Washington Park Shopping Center in La Quinta, California. The Century Washington Park is scheduled to open in Spring 2015.
“Cinemark operates several theatres throughout the Southern California region under our Century banner, including our Century at the River complex in Rancho Mirage,” comments Tim Warner, Cinemark’s CEO. “Our new Century Washington Park NextGen theatre will be located in the top shopping center in the city and become recognized as one of the best places in the Coachella Valley to enjoy a great entertainment experience.”
The new theater will feature 4K Digital Cinema Projection systems in all auditoriums, with six capable of 3D presentations, and one of the auditoriums will be Cinemark's big-screen concept XD: Extreme Digital Cinema. There will be a cafeteria-style self-serve concession stand with popcorn, Coca-Cola soft drinks, and candy, and a bar in the lobby will offer beer, wine, and frozen cocktails.
The closest movie theaters are the Regal Cinemas Indio Metro 8 in Indio (about three miles East) and the Cinémas Palme d'Or in Palm Desert (about six miles West). Cinemark operates the Century at The River and XD in Rancho Mirage, and there are four more theaters within 15 miles of the new theater's location.
Source: Cinemark Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.