Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Casino Royale 
- A Good Year 
- Happy Feet 
- Harsh Times 
- The Return 
- Stranger Than Fiction 
Add Your Comments
- Sequel to "Mrs. Doubtfire" Planned with Robin Williams and Director Chris Columbus Returning [4/17]
- Andy Serkis Interviewed About Upcoming "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and its Relationship to "The Godfather" [4/15]
- Watch Highlights from the UK Premiere of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" [3/26]
- USA Today Interviews "Peanuts" Producer Craig Schulz, Watch the Teaser Trailer! [3/18]
- Captain America 3D Double Feature Coming to Theaters April 3rd [3/10]
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
We've got a lot of movies from which to choose this weekend!
Will Ferrell brings us "Stranger Than Fiction," a story about a man who discovers he's the lead character in a fictional story, and that character is about to die.
Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott are back together again (they did Gladiator together) in a formulaic "busy power-broker discovers the error of his ways after meeting a woman and connecting with his good side" story in "A Good Year." Some critics, like our Featured Movie Critic, liked it. Others didn't.
Batman Christian Bale stars in "Harsh Times," which was actually made before Batman Begins. Also new this week is "The Return," which seems to be placing Sarah Michelle Gellar as the horror queen of her generation.
The bigger news for many movie fans is actually coming next weekend, when "Happy Feet" and the latest James Bond movie, "Casino Royale," are hitting theaters. Will the former spell the end of animated animals for a while, or will it show Over the Hedge how a blockbuster is done? Will James Craig resurrect Bond like Christian Bale did for Batman, or will he nail the coffin closed on the franchise?
Some theaters are already offering showtimes in anticipation of a high demand for both movies, so time will tell!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.