Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marley Station Movies
Glen Burnie, MD
- Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD
- Hoyt's West Nursery Cinema 14
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The UA Marley Station 8 in Glen Burnie, Maryland closed after the last movie played on Thursday, February 20, 2014.
An article published recently in the Maryland Gazette did not provide anything more than a confirmation of the theater's closing, and a little teaser about the future of a movie theater for the area:
The movie theater at Marley Station mall in Glen Burnie closed down after its final showing Thursday.
Mall spokeswoman Marianne Ortiz declined to say why Regal Cinemas shut down, but said an "exciting announcement" was coming in the next few weeks.
Regal Cinemas was no longer listed in the store's online directory, and no showtimes were listed on Regal Entertainment Group's website and other reservation websites on Friday afternoon. Officials with the company could not be reached for comment.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
The theater opened in June 1987 as an eight-screen location under the ownership of United Artists Theaters. The company ended up in the hands of Regal Entertainment Group in 1992, and "UA" became one of that company's brand names.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.