Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Cinemark will be opening a new 10-screen movie theater in the Foothills Mall as part of a revitalization effort happening now and continuing through 2015, according to a recent article on coloradoan.com:
Cinemark will open a 10-screen multiplex at the Midtown Fort Collins shopping center, joining the existing Cinemark 16 near the intersection of Timberline and Harmony roads, mall owner Alberta Development Partners announced Wednesday.The theater is expected to be a major draw to the $300 million mall project that will have 660,000 square feet of retail space and up to 800 apartments.
Alberta also announced it will formally break ground on the project Wednesday.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The new theater is planned to be open in "late 2015" which is a very long construction period for a movie theater, but perhaps the larger project is the reason.
The Carmike 10 - Fort Collins is located near the Foothills Mall, and if the usual trend applies, this news doesn't bode well for the Carmike location. Usually, shiny new movie theaters cause nearby movie theaters to lose business. Unless Carmike invests some money into that location, we wouldn't be surprised to hear that it will close when the new Cinemark location opens.
Cinemark already operates the Cinemark Fort Collins 16, which is about four miles away at Harmony Road and Timberline Road.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.