Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Arcata, CA: Minor Theatre Closed [2/9]
- Heath, OH: Regal Indian Mound 11 to Reopen in April as AMC Indian Mound Mall 9 [2/8]
- Sarasota, FL: Cobb CineBistro at Westfield Southgate Opening Friday, February 12, 2016 [2/5]
- Silverdale, WA: Regal Silverdale Cinemas 4 Closed [2/4]
- Closter, NJ: Bow Tie Closter Cinemas Closed [2/3]
- San Diego, CA: Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 Closed [2/2]
- East Windsor, NJ and Berlin, CT: Carmike Cinemas Acquires Two Former Starplex Cinemas Locations from AMC [2/2]
- Santa Monica, CA: Laemmle's Monica Fourplex Now Open as Laemmle Monica Film Center [2/2]
- Newark, CA: AMC NewPark 12 Now Open [2/2]
- Hawthorne, NY: All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex Cinemas Closed, Car Dealership Coming [1/29]
The Screenland Plaza 8 in St. Joseph, Missouri will be closing after the last movies play on Sunday, March 2, 2014.
The theater's web site has the following message posted from manager Joshua Hall:
Coming Soon: The Last Weekend Ever Here At Plaza – Friday, February 28th through Sunday, March 2nd.
Change is inevitable and Change has come to Plaza. Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 will be the final day of operations here at the theater. 35mm is the past and Digital Cinema is the now, we are no long at a crossroads of the two.
We’ll be closed Monday through Thursday this week as we spiff the place up nice for The Last Weekend Ever Here At Plaza. We’re gonna have some great surprises leading up to Sunday nights Oscars and there’ll be a chance for those that would like to purchase a theater seat or take home a piece of history to do so after we close up shop.
It’s been incredibly humbling to be part of a local legacy. On behalf of the Durwood Family who gave this town all these good years, on behalf of the Screenland Guys Butch, John and Jeff who kept that dream going for the people and on behalf of the staffs and names that have come before mine, Mike, David, Justin and Cody, thanks for coming to the movies.
Change doesn’t have to be bad, it lets us move on, learn from the mistakes, cherish the good times. I myself will never forget when I had a theater of my very own, even if it was for only a little while. – Joshua
After the Plaza 8 closes, the only movie theater in St. Joseph will be the Regal Hollywood Stadium 10 - St. Joseph, which does not show second-run movies at discounted prices. An adult evening ticket there costs $10 and kids and seniors are $7.
Related News Articles
- Plaza 8 to close; Price Chopper moves forward -- News-Pressnow.com [Feb 24, 2014]
- Plaza 8 approaches closing credits -- News-Pressnow.com [Jan 2, 2014]
Photo above courtesy Screenland Plaza 8.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.