Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Hillside Cinema
- AMC Star Johnson Creek 12
Johnson Creek, WI
- Capitol Cinemas
- AMC Mayfair Mall 18
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
According to a November 8, 2006 article by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, a proposed 1-million-square-foot shopping center for the Pabst Farms development in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, includes plans for a 16-screen cinema, 120 stores, nine restaurants, and two hotels:
The main section of the mall would be a two-story enclosed structure with two or three multilevel large anchor stores, two smaller two-level anchor stores, such as a bookstore, and 100 to 120 other smaller shops. Another part of the complex, at the west end of the enclosed mall, would be a separate open-air mall with small one-story shops with sidewalks in front.
At the east end of the enclosed mall there would be a 16-screen movie theater separated from the mall by a park-like green space, complete with fountain, flanked by restaurants.
Construction could begin as early as next year. This would be the first movie theater for the Oconomowoc area since the Olympia Theater closed many years ago.
While there is no mention of who would operate the cinema, it would make sense for it to be AMC, since the developer (General Growth Properties) operates the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, which is the location of the AMC Mayfair Mall 18.
The Pabst Farms development is less than 10 miles from the Marcus Hillside cinema in Delafield, and less than 15 miles from other theaters operated by Wildwood Cinemas in Pewaukee and Star Cinema in Johnson Creek.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.