Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Dreamgirls 
- ArcLight Cinerama Dome
- AMC Metreon 16
San Francisco, CA
- Bow Tie Ziegfeld Theater
New York, NY
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
Before "Dreamgirls" makes its nationwide debut, the film will roll out in a "road show" in New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. The exclusive one-week engagements begin December 15, 2006.
"'Dreamgirls' is a special film, the kind that comes around once in a generation," said Jim Tharp, president of theatrical distribution for Paramount Pictures. "We wanted to bring it to audiences in a special way and we think this 'road show' does the film justice. Bill Condon has delivered a very entertaining movie -- this is a film that is every bit as memorable as the legendary Broadway production that inspired it."
New York’s Ziegfeld Theater, Los Angeles’s Cinerama Dome, and San Francisco’s Metreon will host the special engagements of “Dreamgirls.” Each theater will hold displays on the making of the movie, including designs from Academy Award®-winning production designer John Myhre and Academy Award®-nominated costume designer Sharen L. Davis.
In addition, moviegoers will have the opportunity to purchase exclusive merchandise and the film’s soundtrack in the lobby. The $25 reserved-seat ticket also includes a limited edition program.
Following the limited engagement, the film will open in theaters everywhere on December 25.
Source: Paramount Pictures
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.