Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Regency Village Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Add Your Comments
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks Hoping for June 2016 Opening [5/18]
- Santa Barbara, CA:Santa Barbara International Film Festival Makes New Home at Riviera Theatre [5/18]
- Springfield, MO: Wehrenberg Campbell 16 Cine Closing July 31, 2016 [5/16]
- Leeds, AL: Coyote Drive-In Now Open [5/11]
- Huntsville, AL: Cinemark Monaco Adding XD Auditorium, Luxury Lounger Seating [5/9]
- Rancho Mirage, CA: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Century at The River and XD [5/9]
- Cerritos, CA: Harkins Cerritos 16 Now Open [5/9]
- Muskegon, MI: Harbor Cinema Closed [5/9]
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
The Los Angeles Premiere of Transcendence will be held Thursday, April 10, 2014, at the Regency Village Theatre in Los Angeles, California, according to a press release issued recently by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Attending the event from the movie will be actors Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Rebecca Hall, Paul Bettany, Kate Mara, and Cole Hauser, as well as director Wally Pfister. Additional celebrity guests are expected to attend.
The celebrities will begin arriving at 6:30pm and the screening begins at 7:30pm. The presentation will utilize the theater's Dolby Atmos sound system.
Johnny Depp plays Dr. Will Caster, the foremost researcher in the field of Artificial Intelligence, working to create a sentient machine that combines the collective intelligence of everything ever known with the full range of human emotions. His highly controversial experiments have made him famous, but they have also made him the prime target of anti-technology extremists who will do whatever it takes to stop him.
However, in their attempt to destroy Will, they inadvertently become the catalyst for him to succeed—to be a participant in his own transcendence. For his wife Evelyn (Rebecca Hall) and best friend Max Waters (Paul Bettany), both fellow researchers, the question is not if they can…but if they should. Their worst fears are realized as Will’s thirst for knowledge evolves into a seemingly omnipresent quest for power, to what end is unknown. The only thing that is becoming terrifyingly clear is there may be no way to stop him.
The movie is rated PG-13. For more information, including trailers and videos, photos, links to the official web site, and more, please see the Movie Information page for Transcendence.
The movie opens in theaters nationwide on April 18, 2014. Select theaters already have showtimes and advance tickets available, so head over to the Showtimes page for opening day to see where and when it will be playing near you!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.