Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 3D 
- The Godfather 
- Godzilla 
- King Kong 
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes 
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
Andy Serkis was interviewed recently by Digital Spy about the upcoming movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which will open in theaters July 11th, 2014. The story picks up where the original, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, left off, with the Caesar leading a growing population of apes in the woods around San Francisco.
Serkis did the motion capture performance for Caesar in the original and in the new movie, as well as highly-regarded motion capture performances for Gollum in the Lord of the Rings series and now the Hobbit movies, as well as in King Kong and as the title character in next month's Godzilla.
In the interview, he likened Caesar's new role to Don Corleone in The Godfather:
They're suffering to a great degree. And he doesn't want them to be wiped out. He wants the apes to live with peace and security. This is like a Godfather movie. This is Caesar as Don Corleone, and Caesar coping with all of the machinations of a politically difficult early foray into creating a regime.
Click the Read link below to view the full interview.
For more information about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, please see its Movie Information page, which has the plot summary, cast listing, photos, trailers & videos, and links to the official web site, and other resources.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.