Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Carmike Island 7
Fernandina Beach, FL
- Regal River City Marketplace Stadium 14
- GTC Kings Bay 9 Cinemas
St. Mary's, GA
Add Your Comments
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
- AMC Theatres to Install IMAX in 11 Locations in Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix [8/19]
- Austin, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar Reopens [8/18]
- West Melbourne, FL: Grand Opening of Carmike West Melbourne 12 on August 13, 2014 [8/11]
- Montgomery, AL: Carmike Chantilly 13 Now Open [8/8]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Megaplex to Build 10-Screen Movie Theater at Cottonwood Development [8/2]
- Boston, MA: Museum of Science Opens 4-D Theater [7/31]
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
Carmike Cinemas announced this week that it is building a new 10-screen movie theater in Yulee, Florida. Construction is planned to begin on the Coastal Cinema 10 later this month.
All auditoriums in the new theater will have stadium seating with high-back rocking luxury seats with retractable armrests. One auditorium will be one of Carmike's "BigD" big screen concepts, featuring a screen measuring "almost 60 feet wide by about three stories tall" and an upgraded sound system that will have 7.1 channels at open and be upgradable to 11.1 channels in the future.
Carmike Cinemas President and CEO David Passman is quoted in the press release as saying:
We are very excited to bring this exceptional entertainment complex to Yulee, Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach and the surrounding communities while providing our valued guests with the ultimate in cinema-going entertainment. Our new location will feature large format digital presentation, bigger screens, better sound and plush seating for the definitive enjoyment of all audiences. Yulee will soon join the select list of communities in ‘Hometown America’ offering Carmike’s uniquely immersive BigD large screen presentation. As part of our focus for delivering the most immersive ‘entertainment experience’ to our guests, we plan to continue expanding the number of BigD auditoriums and premium presentation choices across our circuit.
The new theater will be located near S.R. 200 & Amelia Concourse in Yulee. The general area can be seen in the map below:
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.