Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike 15
Add Your Comments
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
- Enjoy Discounted Kid-Friendly Movies at B & B Theatres Summer Kids Series - June-August 2016 [5/26]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2016 Summer Movie Series [5/26]
- Enjoy Kids Summer Movies for $1 at Goodrich Quality Theaters [5/26]
- 2016 Summer Kids Series at Carmike Cinemas [5/26]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2016 [5/26]
- Cinemark Announces 2016 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/26]
- $1 Family-Friendly Movies During Wherenberg Theatres 2016 Family Summer Series [5/26]
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
The Carmike 15 in Columbus, Georgia has a BigD auditorium once again, according to a press release issued yesterday by Carmike Cinemas. The theater's previous BigD room was converted into an IMAX auditorium, which opened in December 2013.
The new auditorium features a screen of an unspecified size, but a call to the theater about it resulted in an answer that the IMAX screen is larger than the BigD screen. The theater staff member I talked to said that the IMAX screen was bigger than the BigD screen, but he wasn't sure by how much.
With its debut today, the BigD auditorium is showing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in 2D, but it is capable of 3D presentations. The IMAX screen is playing The Amazing Spider-Man 2: An IMAX 3D Experience, so the choice between the two may boil down to whether you want to see the movie in 2D or 3D and what the upcharge is for the pleasure.
The projected image is supported by an all-new Auro 11.1 sound system. The press release mentions a three-layered, 52-speaker configuration that is intended to provide a more immersive sound environment for the movie. We don't yet have a notation on the theater's showtimes when they are playing a movie in Auro 11.1, but we hope that will work itself out in the coming weeks.
While the IMAX presentation commands a $5 upcharge from the non-BigD screens for the same types of shows (both adult, evening, and 3D), the BigD presentation will cost $3 more than the same type of show in one of the other auditoriums.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.