Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Los Gatos Theatre
Los Gatos, CA
Add Your Comments
- Pittsburgh, PA: Cinemark North Hills and XD to Open September 19, 2014 [9/17]
- North Haven, CT: Rave Cinemas North Haven 12 to be Replaced by New 14-Screen Cinemark Theater in 2015 [9/12]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium 12 Closed [9/9]
- Chula Vista, CA: AMC Chula Vista 10 Now Open [9/8]
- "Gone with the Wind" Returning to Theaters Ahead of Home Video Release for 75th Anniversary [9/3]
- Sunrise, FL: Frank Theatres - Sunrise 11 Closed [9/2]
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
The Los Gatos Theatre in Los Gatos, California is ready to open in a few days, according to an article published recently in the San Jose Mercury News:
The Los Gatos Theatre has been closed so long -- since September 2012 -- I've almost forgotten what the interior used to look like. And maybe that's a good thing now that the 99-year-old movie house will be reopening this weekend after getting a transformative, Art Deco makeover and a new lease on life.
Honestly, the old theater never bothered me much if it was showing a movie I wanted to see. But based on the remodeling plans, the new Los Gatos will be an entirely different affair. It'll have one large screen instead of two smaller ones and a swanky screening room for events that opens up to an outdoor balcony terrace. Of course, all the furnishings and projection equipment will be new, too. The blade sign out front has been saved but updated to match the Art Deco look.
Click the Read link below to view the full article. The theater was previously called the Los Gatos Cinema, which closed on September 30, 2012, and a June 2013 opening was planned at the time.
You can see what's playing on the newly opened theater by visiting its Showtimes page!
Photo above is courtesy of the Los Gatos Theatre's Facebook page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.