Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
In 1984, director Ivan Reitman brought a movie to the big screen about three unemployed parapsychology professors (Bill Murry, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis) that start a new business removing bothersome ghosts. Ghostbusters went on to become one of the most oft-quoted comedies of all time and it was even nominated for two Academy Awards (Best Visual Effects and Best Original Song).
2014 marks the movie's 30th Anniversary, and Sony Pictures is celebrating the milestone by re-releasing the movie in theaters on Labor Day weekend, starting August 29, 2014. According to a press release issued by the studio, the movie has been restored and remastered in 4K resolution and will be shown in 700 locations in the U.S. and Canada.
On September 16th, the studio will be releasing the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray, along with the Ghostbusters II 25th Anniversary Edition, which is that movie's debut on the Blu-ray format.
A two-disc Blu-ray Digibook that includes both movies will be available, as well as a limited edition gift set that includes a collectible Slimer figurine. Both editions will have bonus materials, including conversations with director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and more.
"To celebrate this milestone anniversary, we wanted to create something new and collectible for fans. These new Ghostbusters Blu-rays will feature the highest quality presentation along with new content that reflects the rich history of this iconic franchise," said Lexine Wong, Senior Executive Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
GHOSTBUSTERS™Blu-ray Special Features:
- NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
- NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
- NEW! "Ghostbusters" Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
- Legacy Content
- Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
- Commentary with Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- 1984 Featurette
- Cast and Crew Featurette
- SFX Team Featurette
- Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons
GHOSTBUSTERS™ II Blu-ray Special Features:
- NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
- NEW! Deleted Scenes
- NEW! "On Our Own" Music Video – Bobby Brown
Purchase from Amazon.com:
- Ghostbusters / Ghostbusters II (4K-Mastered) [Blu-ray]
- Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters II Limited Edition Gift Set [Blu-ray]
Fans of the movie will have lots to cheer in the near future, as the studio has just premiered a new web site, ghostbusters.com, offering merchandise, music, and other related items. The studio is also working with Mattel, Lego, Funko, and others to create Ghostbusters-related merchandise.
The soundtrack to the movie will also be re-released, with "multiple collectible vinyl LP releases" this year.
Source: Sony Pictures Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.