Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Birmingham Theatre
- Emagine Palladium Theatre
- AMC Star John R 15
Madison Heights, MI
- MJR Troy Grand Digital Cinema 16
Add Your Comments
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
The MJR Troy Grand Digital Cinema 16 in Troy, Michigan is scheduled to open to the public on Friday, June 20, 2014. It is located at Maple Road and Livernois Road, which was the site of a KMart store.
The theater was announced in May 2013, and the groundbreaking was held in October. They were planning on an opening date in April or May of this year, so the latter part of June isn't too far off that mark.
MJR's web site and Facebook pages state that the theater will have "16 luxury auditoriums" including one MJR Epic Experience auditorium with a screen measuring 80 feet wide by 44 feet high and Dolby's Atmos sound system installed. All auditoriums will have a closed captioning viewing system they call CaptiView and their Fidelio wireless audio system for those that are visually impaired.
It's still early to have their showtimes for opening day, but we will likely receive them early next week, so keep an eye on their Showtimes page for updates!
The closest movie theaters are the AMC Star John R 15 in Madison Heights, the Birmingham 8 and Palladium 12 in Birmingham, and quite a few more within ten miles. MJR Theatres currently owns/operates nine other locations in Michigan.
Sources: MJR Theatres web site and Facebook pages.
Related News Articles
- PHOTOS: Workers hoist sign atop MJR Grand Cinema in Troy -- Daily Tribune [Jun 13, 2014]
- New MJR theater in Troy ready to open -- Daily Tribune [Jun 11, 2014]
- MJR Digital Cinemas to Open Troy Location June 20 -- Dbusiness Magazine [Jun 11, 2014]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.