Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
- Frank Theatres Announces 2016 Summer Kids Series [5/27]
- Free Kids Movies at Cobb Theatres This Summer [5/27]
- Kid-Friendly Movies at Georgia Theatre Company Locations This Summer [5/27]
- $2 Movies at Malco Theatres' Kids Summer Film Fest Benefits Children's Hospitals [5/27]
The Arkansas Times published an article about the move in late May:
Market Street Cinema owner Matt Smith told the Times today that they will be closing their current location and reopening at Riverdale 10, the 10-screen, 35,000 square ft. theater on Cantrell Road that closed in December. "The big change that the customers will see is we’re going to be installing new Barco digital projectors and Dolby digital sound," he said over the phone this morning (before, both theaters used 35mm film and analog sound). The move will also affect the theater's programming, with some of the screens devoted to "first-run, Hollywood commercial films that are playing at other places," and a certain percentage focused on "independent, foreign, documentary and art films, like we did at Market Street." Smith hopes to have "some" screens open by Friday, June 6, and the full theater open by the following Friday, June 13. Market Street gift cards and passes will be honored at the new location (which will still be called Riverdale 10 for the time being).
Click the Read link to view the full article.
To see what's playing at the newly-opened Riverdale 10 Cinema, head over to their Showtimes page!
Photo above Photo courtesy Riverdale 10 Movies (Market Street Cinema).
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.