Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Nightlight Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
- Flagstaff, AZ: Harkins Flagstaff 16 Opens, Harkins Flagstaff 11 Closes [11/18]
The Nightlight Cinema in Akron, Ohio opened to the public yesterday, July 1, 2014. Billing itself as an independent cinema, the theater is currently playing the Jim Jarmusch (an Akron native) drama Only Lovers Left Alive, and has movies such as Night Moves and the Beatles documentary A Hard Day's Night on its upcoming schedule.
An article published recently by the West Side Leader mentions that the new theater will seat 50 people and has a 16-foot-wide screen with an eight speaker surround system. It also gets a description of the theater right from the source:
“The Nightlight is a micro cinema,” said Robert Lucas, director of communications for Akron Film+Pixel. “Because of the size and because of the population of Akron, we can show movies that normally wouldn’t get huge audiences. We are showing independent films, foreign films, revival films and even some bigger films, like in the first week we will show ‘A Hard Day’s Night.’ The goal is to show movies that do not normally show in Akron.”
Lucas said the theater will be open six days a week, Tuesdays through Sundays.
“We will have two showings each day, and every once in a while we will have a midnight movie. We already have a couple of those planned,” he said. “The theater is part of Akron Film+Pixel, which used to be the Akron Film Festival. The goal was to have a place of our own, where we could pretty much show whatever we want to, six days a week. Generally, the showings will start at 6 or 6:30 p.m., and we’ll have a second showing at 9-ish, depending on the length of the movie.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
To see what's playing at the Nightlight Cinema and when, visit their Showtimes page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.