Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike Chantilly 13
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
The Carmike Chantilly 13 in Montgomery, Alabama has received its beer and wine license from the Montgomery City Council, according to a recent article in the Montgomery Advertiser:
The theater also will cater to moviegoers who like to sip some beer or wine while taking in a movie. The Montgomery City Council approved the theater's request for a beer and wine license Tuesday evening.
There will be no box office outside the theater. Instead, visitors will buy both their tickets and concessions inside at the same counter. There will be a separate line devoted solely to alcohol purchases.
Carmike has filed applications to serve beer and wine in several Alabama cities where it has theaters. Montgomery is the first city in the state to grant a license to a Carmike theater.
[James Pittman, a Daphne-based attorney for Carmike] said Carmike would have several safeguards in place to ensure that minors would not be served alcohol at the theater.
Identification will be scanned to ensure that the ID is valid, and the person who shows the ID cannot buy more than one drink at a time.
Those who show ID will be given a wristband, and there will be a limit on how many drinks that person can buy during that trip to the theater, he said.
Also, beer and wine will be served in clear cups as opposed to the opaque cups used for soft drinks, and drinks will not be allowed to be taken outside the theater, he said.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater is scheduled to open July 18, 2014.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.