Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Abandoned 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Dark Ride 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Gravedancers 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Hamiltons 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Penny Dreadful 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Reincarnation (Rinne) 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Unrest 
- After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films To Die For - Wicked Little Things 
- Casino Royale 
- Fast Food Nation 
- Happy Feet 
- Happy Feet: The IMAX Experience 
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
It's a tough call as to which new movie is going to grab the attention of the movie-going public this weekend! Will it be franchise-familiar as James Bond is back on the big screen in "Casino Royale," or will people flock to "Happy Feet," where we get to see a singing-deficient penguin do a mean two-step?
I pity the poor single screen theaters that need to choose which movie to show their audiences! The best case scenario would be to show penguins during the day and martinis at night, but that's not how things are done with movie deals. Happy are the megaplexes which can show these two, plus the holdovers from the past couple of weeks!
Also opening today is the drama "Fast Food Nation" which sounds interesting, but it probably won't make you hungry for a Big Mac afterwards, to be sure.
If you want to set aside all those happy movies for something with a little more bite, select theaters are showing the "After Dark Horrorfest - 8 Films to Die For" series. Movies that are being advertised as "too intense" for audiences are being shown to them anyway. Somehow, I've got a feeling these were movies that couldn't find distribution on their own, but by packaging them as a series (and maybe done on the cheap), it was a viable chance for a distributor to take.
With next weekend being Thanksgiving weekend, most of the studios are bringing out their new movies on Wednesday the 22nd instead of trying to compete with the madness that is Black Friday. Probably a good idea since those not wishing to join the fray are probably keeping their distance from shopping malls, and those that brave the crowds and duck into a theater for a break will slip into a shopping-induced coma halfway through the movie and have their new Playstation 3's taken right out from under them...
Click the Read link below to visit our New Movies page for a complete rundown on each of the movies opening this weekend, plus those opening on Wednesday and Thursday as well.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.