Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Matthews, NC: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [8/25]
- Groton, CT: Groton Cinema 6 Closed [8/25]
- Anaheim, CA: UltraStar GardenWalk Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Scottsdale, AZ: UltraStar Scottsdale Pavilion 11 Closed [8/24]
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI: Carmike Varsity Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Roanoke, TX: Cinemark Roanoke and XD Now Open [8/14]
- Tulsa, OK: Village Movies 8 Opens Today [7/31]
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
The Movie Tavern Northshore in Covington, Lousiana will be opening on July 31, 2014, according to a press release issued by Movie Tavern recently.
The site was formerly the Holiday Square Cinema 12, which was owned/operated by O'Neil Theatres. It closed in September 2008.
This new location is the company's 18th in the country, with other locations in Colorado, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia.
"We are thrilled to bring the Movie Tavern experience to the Northshore area and are looking forward to providing families in this particular market with the innovative cinema experience that they’ve been waiting for," said Danny DiGiacomo, Director of Marketing. "Whether it’s date night or a family outing, our guests can relax in our comfortable loungers and order delicious food and drink options while enjoying a quality movie presentation."
The press release goes on to list the following amenities at the new theater:
- All reserved seating
- Luxury loungers with call-button service in every auditorium
- Full-service in-theatre dining where servers deliver cocktails, meals, desserts and movie snacks throughout the show
- Full food and beverage service in the lobby’s bar area
- Professional-grade kitchen and meals prepared fresh daily
- Weekly Breakfast and Flick series where families can enjoy a feature film and a variety of morning favorites on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 9 a.m.
The theater caters mainly to adults, so guests 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 21 or older.
The closest competition for the new theater is the Regal Covington Stadium 14 in Covington, about five miles northwest on I-12 and Highway 21.
To see what's playing at the theater on opening day, keep an eye on its Showtimes page. They'll be offering online ticketing as well, so getting tickets in advance will make it even easier to enjoy a movie at the Movie Tavern Northshore!
Source: Movie Tavern Press Release. Photo above is provided by Business Wire.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.