Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
The Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts is opening a new 4-D movie theater tomorrow, August 1, 2014, according to a press release issued by the museum.
The museum operates the Mugar Omni Theatre, which shows IMAX documentaries, such as Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk, and Journey to the South Pacific, and this new theater will entertain audiences in a different way, with "thrill-enhancing sensory special effects including wind, water misting, blowing snow, bubbles, scents, and even a tremor beneath the feet."
“We are always seeking new experiences to offer our visitors, and we are thrilled to present the new 4-D Theater,” said Jonathan Burke, vice president for visitor experience and operations. “In each film, viewers will be transported to new and exciting places, while also truly feeling like they are in the film through the innovative incorporation of each sense. When a whale breaches on screen, guests will feel the ocean spray. If it is snowing on screen, it will even be snowing in the theater.”
The first movies to be shown will be Planet Earth: Shallow Seas 4-D Experience, Happy Feet 4-D Experience!, Dora & Diego's 4-D Adventure.
The 4-D theater will seat 98 people at a time, and admission will be $6 for adults, $5.50 for seniors aged 60 and over, and $5 for children ages 3-11 with the purchase of Exhibit Halls tickets. We don't know if we'll be getting showtimes for the theater yet, so if you are interested in more information about the theater and the movies they are playing, visit the museum's official web site and Facebook page that we have linked on the Mugar Omni Theatre's Related Web Sites page.
Source: Museum of Science, Boston Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.