Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Carmike Cottonwood 4
- Carmike Creekside Theatres
- Water Gardens Holladay 6
Salt Lake City, UT
Add Your Comments
- Delray Beach, FL: Luxury iPic Movie Theater Coming in 2017 [10/10]
- Marina, CA: Century Marina and XD Opens [10/8]
- Carmike Cinemas Acquires Sundance Cinemas, LLC. [10/7]
- Burbank, CA: An Overview of the "Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime" at the AMC Burbank 16 [10/7]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium Theatre Reopens as 5-Screen Luxury Movie Theater [10/5]
- Washington, DC: Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinema to Open October 15, 2015 [10/5]
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
Megaplex Theatres will be building a new 10-screen movie theater in the Cottonwood development in Salt Lake City, Utah, according to a press release issued the company and the Howard Hughes Corporation, the company behind the 57-acre development that is located eight miles from the downtown area. The new theater will be located beneath the clock tower in the development.
Cottonwood Clock Tower Rendering (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are pleased to welcome Utah’s top cinematic experience to the Cottonwood development,” said Grant Herlitz, President of The Howard Hughes Corporation. “The Megaplex will be part of a dynamic lineup of retail, dining and entertainment that will be an exceptional part of the Cottonwood transformation, serving the entire Salt Lake City market.”
Guests to the new theater will be able to enjoy reserved stadium seating, parties and special events, and a full-service dining hall where they can take their food with them to watch the movie. Megaplex is expecting that the theater will create nearly 100 full-time and part-time jobs. Megaplex Theatres currently owns/operates 16 locations in Utah, and one in Nevada.
The Cottonwood development appears to be the site of the former Cottonwood Mall on the southeast corner of Highland Drive and E. Murray Holladay Road in Holladay. The mall was the site of the Carmike Cottonwood 4 until it closed in 2002, and the Carmike Creekside Theatres was located across Highland Drive until it closed in 2000. The closest theater in operation is the Water Gardens Holladay 6, which is located just across Murray Holiday Road.
The press release did not mention a time frame for the theater to be operational.
Source: Press Release issued by the Howard Hughes Corporation and Megaplex Theatres.
Related News Coverage
- Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatres to join the Cottonwood Development -- KUTV [Aug 2, 2014]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.