Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- If I Stay 
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "Aliens" 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Set - September 16, 2016 [7/25]
- On Home Video: Miles Davis Drama "Miles Ahead" - July 19, 2016 [7/20]
- On Home Video: "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Ultimate Edition - July 19, 2016 [7/19]
- On Home Video: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" - July 12, 2016 [7/12]
- Get a Free Copy of "Independence Day" from FandangoNOW - 6/10/16 - 6/12/16 Only [6/10]
- Check Out the Hologram TIE Fighter and Millenium Falcon on this Vinyl Release of the Soundtrack for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" [6/8]
- Catch Up on the Bourne Movies Before the Release of "Jason Bourne" - 4 Movies for $23.99 at Amazon.com [6/1]
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
The soundtrack album for the upcoming drama, If I Stay, will be available in all major online and local retailers on August 19, 2014, according to a press release issued recently by WaterTower Music. The movie will be released three days later on August 22nd.
The movie is based on Gayle Forman's New York Times best-selling novel of the same name about a young woman (Chloë Grace Moretz) with musical aspirations deciding whether she wants to pursue her dreams at Julliard or follow the love of her life (Jamie Blackley). When a family drive changes everything, she is caught between life and death, with her fate resting on one final decision about her life.
Forman was quoted as saying this about the soundtrack:
One of the best things about the movie is getting to hear all the great music you don’t get to hear when you read the book. The way they brought the music to life gives the story a whole new dimension.
Fans were polled to see which Willamette Stone song they most wanted to have released early, and they chose "Heart Like Yours." If you pre-order the album via iTunes, that track will be made available to you immediately, according to the press release.
Two versions of the soundtrack will be released. A fourteen song CD and digital release, as well as a "digital deluxe" version that has eighteen tracks, including a song by Willamette Stone and solo cello pieces as played in the movie by Moretz's character, Mia. You can listen to samples of the songs using the purchase links below.
- "Who Needs You" – The Orwells
- "Until We Get There" – Lucius
- "I Want What You Have" – Willamette Stone
- "All of Me" – Tanlines
- "Promise" – Ben Howard
- "Never Coming Down" – Willamette Stone
- "Halo" – Ane Brun & Linnéa Olsson
- "I Will Be There" – Odessa
- "Mind" – Willamette Stone
- "Morning" - Beck
- "I Never Wanted To Go" (Bonus Track) – Willamette Stone **
- "Karen Revisited" – Sonic Youth
- "Today" – Willamette Stone
- "Heart Like Yours" – Willamette Stone
- "Heal (If I Stay Version)" – Tom Odell
- "Suite No. 1 in G Major for Solo Cello, BWV 1007: Prelude" (Bonus Track) – If I Stay
- "Cello Concerto in A Minor, Op. 33" (Bonus Track) – If I Stay **
- "Sonata in B Minor for Solo Cello, Op. 8" (Bonus Track) – Alisa Weilerstein **
** Available on the digital deluxe album
You can purchase the soundtrack in either electronic or CD format from iTunes and Amazon.com, which are both merchants in our Gift Shop:
Movie Showtimes, Videos, and Other Information
If you would like to watch the trailer for the movie, head over to the Trailers & Videos page. Select theaters already have showtimes available, so you can make your plans to see it and even get your tickets ahead of time. Just visit the Showtimes page for opening day to see where and when it's playing near you!
Source: WaterTower Music Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.