Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Festival Plaza 16
- Carmike Chantilly 13
- Carmike Promenade Cinema 12
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
The Carmike Chantilly 13 in Montgomery, Alabama celebrates their Grand Opening today, August 8, 2014, according to a press release issued by Carmike Cinemas. The theater was originally scheduled to open on July 18th, but it was rescheduled to July 25th.
The theater held a charitable event yesterday, with discounted movie tickets and concessions, which benefitted the River Region United Way. In addition, customers who attend through August 14th can enjoy a free drink from the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, which dispenses customized drink selections from a variety of flavors.
One of the 13 auditoriums will be Carmike's big-screen concept "BigD" auditorium. The press release mentions that this auditorium features a screen that is 81 feet wide and "three stories tall," which should equal about 34.5 feet for a standard 2.35:1 screen. The sound system is upgraded as well, so the experience in that auditorium should be a step up from the others. As is usual with theaters that have these "enhanced" auditoriums, there is an upcharge for the pleasure of seeing a movie there. In this theater's case, you'll pay an additional $2 for a BigD presentation.
“We are delighted to bring this exceptional entertainment complex to the great city of Montgomery. At each Carmike location we are committed to providing our valued guests with superior cinema-going entertainment through large format digital projection with bigger screens, better sound, and the finest in-theatre seating to ensure a cutting-edge presentation each and every time,” stated David Passman, Carmike Cinemas President and Chief Executive Officer. “The new Chantilly 13 marks our twentieth location in Alabama and we are excited to have Montgomery join a select list of communities offering Carmike’s uniquely immersive BigD large screen experience.”
The closest competition for the Carmike Chantilly 13 is the AMC Festival Plaza 16, which is about a four mile drive to the southwest on Vaughn Road and Taylor Road. Carmike also operates the Carmike Promenade Cinema 12, which is on the other side of town in Prattville.
Source: Carmike Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.