Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Larchmont, NY: Bow Tie Larchmont Playhouse Closed [9/26]
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
AMC Entertainment and IMAX Corporation announced recently that they have agreed to add new IMAX auditoriums to 11 AMC Theatres locations in 2015. The cities involved are Chicago, New York, Newark, and Phoenix.
"Guests are choosing AMC because they know they'll get the best possible movie-going experience, including more immersive IMAX theatres than anyone else in North America," said Gerry Lopez, CEO and president of AMC. "We look forward to strengthening our longstanding successful partnership and bringing The IMAX Experience® to more moviegoers across the United States"
"For nearly a decade, AMC and IMAX have worked together to bring millions of movie fans across North America the best cinema-going experience possible," said IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond. "Our collaborations continue on many fronts, most recently on new marketing initiatives which include developing custom IMAX content for AMC's marketing channels, successfully generating awareness of our brand and experience. We see today's agreement with AMC as an endorsement of the long-term viability of the IMAX domestic business and anticipate many more years of shared success."
Of the 11 locations, five are part of a previous agreement between the companies that were possible expansion locations, and six are newly agreed-upon locations.
The specific theaters involved have not been detailed at this time.
Source: IMAX and AMC Entertainment Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.