Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks Hoping for June 2016 Opening [5/18]
- Santa Barbara, CA:Santa Barbara International Film Festival Makes New Home at Riviera Theatre [5/18]
- Springfield, MO: Wehrenberg Campbell 16 Cine Closing July 31, 2016 [5/16]
- Leeds, AL: Coyote Drive-In Now Open [5/11]
- Huntsville, AL: Cinemark Monaco Adding XD Auditorium, Luxury Lounger Seating [5/9]
- Rancho Mirage, CA: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Century at The River and XD [5/9]
- Cerritos, CA: Harkins Cerritos 16 Now Open [5/9]
- Muskegon, MI: Harbor Cinema Closed [5/9]
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
The Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas in Lodi, California closed on Sunday, August 17, 2014 due to reports of bedbug bites by some patrons, according to a new story published by Fox40:
Two teenagers who are covered in bed bugs bites claim they got them while sitting in movie a theater in Lodi.
“When we woke up in the next morning, we looked at each other and saw that we had all these red bumps all over us,” one of the girls said.
The two girls are not the only ones who claimed bed bugs bit them in the theater.
“It was a really bad rash on my arms and on my legs too. From where you’re sitting, from where my skin was touching the seat,” Stephanie Booth said.
Booth revealed faint bite marks on her arms. She said she brought her daughter to the theater a few weeks ago, and that they both had bed bug bites afterward.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
While they were hoping to reopen on Monday, the theater continues to be closed, and they posted the following message Monday on their Facebook page:
On Saturday we were made aware of a negative experience one family of viewers had this Friday August 15, 2014 at our Lodi Stadium 12 Theaters. Our customers are our first priority so we acted as quickly as possible to identify any environmental concerns that may exist. We immediately closed the Auditorium in question to investigate, and as a further precaution, closed the entire theater on Sunday to allow for a more thorough inspection. Today, Monday August 18, we had a professional extermination team in to inspect the entire theatre including all public and private spaces. There was limited evidence of insect activity in a few auditoriums and we are entering a three-stage eradication phase during which time our theaters will be closed to the public. We fully expect to be open again with an all clear on Thursday August 21, 2014.
We are committed to providing a healthy and fun environment in which our customers can enjoy their entertainment experience to the fullest. We take any concerns that are brought to our attention very seriously and we look forward to enjoying the movies with you very soon.
The mere mention of bedbugs elicits a negative reaction and an inescapable creepy-crawly feeling, and we hesitate to report on this for fear of the continuing impact on the theater even after they have solved the problem. However, it did happen, and the biggest thing to look at is how the theater responds to the challenge in front of them. They've owned up to the issue and they seem to be taking the necessary steps to solve it.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.