Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- On Home Video: "La La Land" - April 25, 2017 [3/28]
- On Home Video: "Collateral Beauty" [2/28]
- On Home Video: "Sing" - March 21, 2017 [2/21]
- "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" on Home Video January 31, 2017 [1/30]
- "Nocturnal Animals" Coming to Home Video February 21, 2017 [1/30]
- "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" Coming to Home Video March 28, 2017 [1/28]
- On Home Video: "Arrival" - February 14, 2017 [1/11]
- Gift Cards Make Great Gifts! [12/23]
- On Home Video: December 6, 2016 - Jason Bourne, The Secret Life of Pets, and more [12/7]
- Read the Book Before You See "The Shack" [12/5]
The Tom Cruise/Emily Blunt action movie Edge of Tomorrow is being released on DVD and Blu-ray on October 4, 2014. What's peculiar about the movie's release is that the cover art emphasizes not the movie's name, but rather its "Live. Die. Repeat." tagline (see the cover to the left).
Even though it had two A-list stars, the movie likely didn't perform to expectations in U.S. theaters. Domestic box office receipts totalled just $100 million, which probably didn't excite the studio after it shelled out more than $170 million to make it. While the worldwide box office hit more than $300 million, that's probably lower than expected.
Could the reason for the diminished name on the cover art be that the studio wants to distance itself from a disappointing theatrical release? That would be a first in our recollection, but it's plausible and the only reason we can think of.
Is Edge of Tomorrow the equivalent of damaged goods? Why not just emphasize the names of the stars?
Personally, I liked the movie, but I do think that it was marketed poorly. The movie was better than the advertising made it seem, so perhaps it's one of those movies that will gain a following on home video.
If you would like to find out for yourself, Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com has the movie available for pre-order via the links below:
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.