Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
If you were there when Gone with the Wind opened in theaters in 1939, you have a chance to relive that experience in a few weeks when TCM Presents Gone with the Wind comes to select theaters around the country. If you have never seen this classic movie on the big screen, this is your opportunity to enjoy this 10-time Academy Award winner the way it was meant to be seen! This event marks the first time since 1947 that it will be shown in its original 1.37:1 aspect ratio.
Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara will grace more than 650 movie theater screens across the country on Sunday, September 28, 2014 and Wednesday, October 1, 2014. Turner Classic Movies host and film historian Robert Osborne will provide a special introduction. If you are not familiar with Osborne, he provides informative and classy introductions for movies on the cable/satellite network.
75 years is a long time ago, but some movies stand the test of time. This one captured the Best Picture honor back in the day, and in addition to the 10 total statues it took home (including Cinematography, Leading and Supporting Actresses, and Director), there were an additional five categories in which it was nominated. The American Film Institute lists it as the #4 greatest American movie of all time, so if you haven't seen it in a while (or ever), you owe it to yourself to check it out if you can!
On September 30th, the Gone With the Wind 75th Anniversary Edition is being released on Blu-ray. According to the press release from Warner Home Entertainment, this is a limited and numbered set, with new special features and collectibles.
Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com has it available for pre-order now. For pricing and more details about what's included, check out the link below!
|Gone With the Wind 75th Anniversary [Blu-ray]|
Source: Fathom Events, Warner Home Entertainment, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.