Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Rave Cinemas Buckland Hills 18 & IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Albuquerque, NM: Flix Brewhouse - Albuquerque Opens [12/7]
- Bethesda, MD: Regal Bethesda 10 Closing December 15, 2016 [12/7]
- Houston, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park Sold to Star Cinema Grill [12/7]
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
NATIONAL AMUSEMENTS OPENS CHATTERS RESTAURANT AT SHOWCASE CINEMAS BUCKLAND HILLS – COMPLETES PHASE ONE OF THREE PART CINEMA DE LUX THEATRE CONVERSION PROJECT
Conversion to Cinema de Lux theatre concept to take place in three phases with expected completion date of early Summer 2007
[Dedham, MA]—November 15, 2006-- National Amusements, Inc., a world leader in the motion picture exhibition industry operating more than 1,500 screens in the U.S., U.K., Latin America and Russia, announced today the opening of Chatters Bar & Grille, a full-service restaurant and bar, and a new Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) concession service at Showcase Cinemas Buckland Hills located in Manchester, Connecticut. This completes Phase One of a three phase project to convert Showcase Cinemas Buckland Hills to a Cinema de Lux, National Amusements signature high-end entertainment concept being rolled out in the United States and United Kingdom. The entire project is expected to be completed by early Summer 2007.
The restaurant debuts the new Chatter’s menu featuring a more diverse range of food selections from appetizers, to sandwiches/paninis, and sophisticated entrees and desserts, as well as innovative specialty drinks and elegant martini creations.
Patrons will be able to enjoy dinner and/or drinks before or after the movie, or just stop by to meet friends for lunch/dinner or an afternoon snack. Plasma screens located at the bar and the dining area will feature entertainment and sports programming via satellite television. The new QSR provides patrons with a quick serve concession service offering name brand foods like Nathan’s® hot dogs and burgers, Sbarro’s® Pizza, and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
Phase One of the project included the removal of one auditorium to accommodate the addition of the Chatters, the theater currently has 15 auditoriums. Phase Two of the theatre conversion is expected to be completed in the Spring of 2007. This phase will include the addition of nine of the newest state-of-the-art digital 2K projection systems; Reactrix Entertainment which features interactive images projected on the lobby floor enjoyed by kids of any age; Starbuck’s Coffee, an ATM machine; an 8 station box office with 4 additional self-service ticketing box offices; a special QSR seating area; and free Wi-Fi access in the lobby area.
Phase Three will include the elegant Cinema de Lux décor which includes a grand piano and comfortable lounge in the lobby. The theatre will also feature three new stadium-style auditoriums, and of particular note are the two new Directors Halls, special auditoriums designed to treat patrons to the ultimate in movie going with Ultra Leather rocking recliners, reserved seating for all performances, and In-Seat-Dining service, as well as two party rooms. The lobby will also feature Guest Services, a concierge style service desk assisting patrons with needs such as calling a taxi or purchasing tickets to Director’s Halls.
For more information about National Amusements please visit www.nationalamusements.com.
About National Amusements, Inc.
National Amusements, Inc., is a world leader in the motion picture exhibition industry operating more than 1,500 screens in the U.S., U.K., Latin America and Russia. National Amusements delivers a superior entertainment experience in theatres around the world under its Showcase, Multiplex, Cinema de Lux, and KinoStar brands. Based in Dedham, Massachusetts, National Amusements is a closely held company operating under the third generation of leadership by the Redstone family. National Amusements is also an equal partner in the online ticketing service, MovieTickets.com, and is the parent company of both Viacom and CBS Corporation.
Source: National Amusements
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.