Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Westgate 20
Add Your Comments
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
- Cedar Park, TX: AMC Taking Over Former Regal Lakeline Mall 9 [1/12]
- Austin, TX: Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In Planning Move to Buda [1/12]
- More IMAX Installations Coming to Regal Locations [1/11]
- Columbus, OH: Studio Movie Grill - Arena Grand Closed [1/11]
- Roseville, MN: AMC Rosedale 14 Adds Dolby Cinema [1/11]
- Monterey, CA: Cinemark Monterey Cannery Row XD Closed [1/3]
- Bloomington, MN: Theatres at Mall of America Closing December 28, 2016 [12/23]
All guests to receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase, November 17 - 19
Glendale, Ariz. (November 13, 2006) - The West Valley will now have a new reason to head to the movies when AMC Westgate 20 opens to the public on Friday, Nov. 17. The robust theatre will offer guests the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience in the area and will feature state-of-the-art amenities as well as two auditoriums with screens that are more than four stories high and 60 feet wide. To celebrate the grand opening, every AMC Westgate 20 guest will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased Nov. 17 - 19.
"AMC is proud to open AMC Westgate 20 as the entertainment co-anchor in the Westgate City Center," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer, AMC Theatres. "The Ellman Companies has been a great partner in bringing this magnificent theatre to the West Valley, and we look forward to our guests 'experiencing the difference' of our signature comfort, quality, service and convenience."
Enormous exterior movie posters, immense illuminated roof-mounted signage and searchlight artwork greet theatre guests as they begin their movie adventure at AMC. Creating a dramatic moviegoing experience among its two levels, guests are welcomed upon entry by two custom-built translucent chandeliers that are more than 17 feet high. Encapsulated in the five-story lobby, vibrant colors paint the perfect picture of movie magic. Soft tables and chairs accommodate guests on the main level in addition to an expansive concession stand near the guest services area.
A majestic staircase lined with a glass railing will escort guests to the mezzanine level, furnished with loose tables and chairs where moviegoers can enjoy a secondary concession stand and mingle a little longer before and after their movie experience. From the mezzanine level, guests will be able to view the lobby below, while looking out through the domed, translucent storefront to the bustling Westgate City Center and the co-anchor, the Jobing.com Arena.
A key entertainment fixture of the "Times Square in the desert," AMC Westgate 20 will boast amenities including:
- Twenty auditoriums with nearly 4,000 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than four stories high and 60 feet wide with two additional screens standing more than three stories tall and 57 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Rear Window Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are all available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession areas on both levels with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- An expansive, custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.moviewatcher.com.
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABO) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up inside the theatre, with two exterior ABOs enabling guests to purchase tickets 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in the early 1920s, is rooted in the principle that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Westgate 20 can expect to enjoy industry-leading customer programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- AMC MovieWatcher® - the industry's first and largest frequent moviegoing club that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased.
- AMC SELECT SM - an innovative program that brings an exciting and diverse selection of the best specialty films to the mainstream moviegoer, special films for select tastes.
- A.M.CinemaSM - a value program that offers guests the best ticket price ($5) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Clip's PicksSM - a 10-item value menu featuring AMC's most popular concession items. The menu allows moviegoers at AMC Westgate 20 to create their own concession combinations with items $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15% when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the U.S.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 411 theatres and 5,601 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
About Westgate City Center
The Westgate City Center (www.westgateaz.com) will become a super-regional destination, projected to attract approximately 26 million visitors annually. Upon completion, Westgate will include up to 6.5 million square feet of retail, entertainment, restaurants, office, residential, and hotels, making Westgate one of the largest commercial real estate developments in North America. Estimated cost for the complete buildout of the Westgate City Center is approximately $1 billion.
Anchoring the Westgate City Center is the Jobing.com Arena, a 17,799-seat multipurpose arena that is home to the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes and the NLL's Arizona Sting, the University of Phoenix Stadium (home of the Arizona Cardinals, the Fiesta Bowl, the 2007 BCS Championship Game, and the 2008 Super Bowl), and a 320-room Renaissance Hotel with a 80,000-square-foot convention center. Phase I of the Westgate City Center (approximately 510,000 square feet of retail and loft office) opens on November 17, 2006.
Source: AMC Theatres
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.