Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Rockaway 16
Add Your Comments
- Saline, MI: Opening Date for Emagine Saline is March 18, 2017 [2/22]
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
All guests to receive one free Small popcorn per ticket purchase, November 17 - 19
Rockaway, N.J. (November 13, 2006) - The residents of Rockaway Township will now be able to access the paramount in moviegoing when AMC Rockaway 16 opens to the public on Friday, November 17, 2006. The new theatre boasts premium state-of-the-art technology and 16 auditoriums with more than 3,300 stadium-style seats, creating a preeminent out-of-home entertainment experience for the Rockaway area. To celebrate the grand opening, every AMC Rockaway 16 guest will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased November 17 - 19, 2006.
"We are thrilled to once again be part of the Rockaway Township community," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer, AMC Theatres. "AMC is known for its commitment to guest satisfaction, industry leading programs and innovations, and we are proud to bring that tradition back to Rockaway."
Movie posters more than twenty feet high and searchlight designs outside the theatre welcome guests to AMC Rockaway 16. Reminiscent of the grandeur of a grand central station, three domed archways carry guests into the four-story lobby, illuminated with a chandelier more than two stories tall. Custom-made flooring and a deep saturation of rich, primary colors lead moviegoers to the high-capacity concession area with state-of-the-art, digital menu boards under the radial canopy designs from above.
As guests walk through the theatre, they are led by custom light fixtures shining in contrast to the deep tones of the ceilings. Multiple seating areas complementing the lobby and concession area allow guests to relax. In addition, a well-appointed lounge area directly across from the gaming area provides guests the opportunity to mingle, play and enjoy a complete entertainment experience.
A key entertainment fixture at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall, AMC Rockaway 16 will feature amenities including:
- Sixteen auditoriums with more than 3,300 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic, distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories tall and 57 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Rear Window Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are all available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.moviewatcher.com.
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABO) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up inside the theatre, with three remote ABOs in the mall's courtyard, enabling guests to purchase tickets 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in the early 1920s, is rooted in the principle that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Rockaway 16 can expect to enjoy industry-leading customer programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations, including:
- AMC MovieWatcher® - the industry's first and largest frequent moviegoing club that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased.
- AMC SELECT SM - an innovative program that brings an exciting and diverse selection of the best specialty films to the mainstream moviegoer, special films for select tastes.
- A.M.CinemaSM - a value program that offers guests the best ticket price of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Clip's PicksSM - a 10-item value menu featuring AMC's most popular concession items. The menu allows moviegoers at AMC Rockaway 16 to create their own concession combinations with items $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15% when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the U.S.
AMC Rockaway 16 is the entertainment anchor of the west-end expansion to the Rockaway Townsquare Mall, called the Rockaway Plaza Shopping Center. The new theatre is located in the northwest corner of the Rockaway Townsquare Mall.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 250 million guests annually through interests in 411 theatres and 5,601 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Source: AMC Theatres
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.