Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
- Blu-ray Review: Dolphin Tale [1/13]
- Blu-ray Review: Planet Earth Special Edition [10/28]
- Netflix Realizes After 3 Weeks What Every Customer Knew Right Away - Qwikster Was a Bad Idea [10/10]
- Amazon Shakes Up the Tablet Market with New 7-inch "Fire" and Releases New Kindles Too [9/28]
- Netflix Splits In Two, Sending Streaming and Discs to Separate Corners [9/22]
- Blu-ray Review: Hall Pass - Enlarged Edition [7/1]
- Miramax Bringing Movie Library to Hulu [6/2]
- Blockbuster Closing 186 More Stores This Week [3/28]
- Orville Redenbacher Introduces New Microwave Popcorn Bag That Turns Into a Bowl [3/18]
According to an article in the Dallas Business Journal, Dallas-based Blockbuster, Inc. is giving Netflix customers free movie rentals through December 21, 2006.
All you need to do to get your free rental is bring your red flap from the Netflix mailer (the part that has your address on the label) and take it to your local Blockbuster store. You will need to have a Blockbuster store membership to get your free rental, and you will most likely be pitched on Blockbuster's online "Blockbuster Total Access" program as well.
It's an interesting way for Blockbuster to get a handle on how many of their membership cardholders are Netflix customers so that they can market directly to them. It also provides us Netflix customers with a way to get a free rental on the spur of the moment, even if it means having to deal with going to the store to get the movie, and then having to take it back again after you're done.
Netflix memberships start at $5.99 per month for a one disc at a time / two-discs-per-month plan and go up to a plan that offers up to 8 movies at a time with no monthly limit on the number of rentals for $47.99 per month. Discs are sent with postage-paid return envelopes, so you just put the disc back in the mail when you're done watching it, and the next available movie in your queue is sent to you. Turn-around time is usually 1-2 days.
Blockbuster Total Access plans range from $5.99 per month for one disc at a time / two-discs-per-month to a $23.99 per month plan that allows you to have 4 discs out at a time and unlimited rentals. All their plans come with a bonus monthly coupon for an in-store rental and the ability to place the disc back in the mail or dropping off at any Blockbuster store.
Both services are offering HD DVD and Blu-ray high definition discs.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.