Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Ant Bully 
- Apocalypto 
- Blood Diamond 
- Casino Royale 
- Happy Feet 
- The Holiday 
- Unaccompanied Minors 
Add Your Comments
- USA Today Shows Photos of Michael Keaton as the Villain Vulture in "Spider-Man: Homecoming" [3/27]
- How ILM Created a New King Kong [3/24]
- Free Ice Cream Cones at Select Showcase Cinemas April 4, 2017 [3/23]
- Stay for the Credits of "Kong: Skull Island" [3/10]
- Watch Family-Friendly Movies at Marcus Theatres for Just $3 During "Kids Dream" Series [2/23]
- See the First Cast Photo for "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" [2/22]
- "First Look" Fan Event on February 28, 2017 for "Ghost in the Shell" at Select IMAX Theaters [2/16]
- Marcus Adds More Wehrenberg Locations to its Best Picture Festival [2/14]
- Watch All the Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [1/26]
- See the Best Picture Nominees at Marcus Theatres' 2017 Best Picture Festival [1/26]
You can tell that the holiday movie season is in full swing when there are no less than 10 well-known movies listed on the New Movies page!
Opening today, we have Mel Gibson's tale of Mayans dealing with big changes (Apocalypto), two African guys and an American photographer looking for a diamond for completely different reasons (Blood Diamond), an American woman and a British woman who swap addresses for the holidays (The Holiday), and finally a comedy about a bunch of kids running loose in a snowed-in airport on Christmas Eve (Unaccompanied Minors).
We also have advance showtimes for four movies opening next Friday, as well as two more movies that are opening the week after that. And to think, back in September, there wasn't much going on at all to speak of...
And don't forget, we also have pre-Thanksgiving leftovers that are still claiming the top of the box office week after week (Happy Feet and Casino Royale)! I had the chance to see Casino Royale about a week ago, and I think it's one of the best Bond movies I've seen in a long time. It's a very different movie from the other contemporary movies, but that's a very good thing; exactly what the franchise needed.
Can the newcomers finally knock the stalwarts off their perch? I think that they will by the mere fact of the number of new movies that are opening today. The audience is going to be split up quite a bit, so individual box office numbers may be low, but the total will probably be higher than last week. It shouldn't take much for a new movie being launched on 2500+ screens to make enough to best a couple of three-week-old movies.
I've been busy this week adding movie information, collecting plot summaries, poster art, and processing photo gallery images. A total of 143 movies have been updated since last Friday!
I also have a few DVD reviews that I need to write, including ones for Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut and The Ant Bully, as well as some high definition HD DVD reviews I've been meaning to complete as well. Check out the Journal main page for a list of all the updates that have happened recently.
Click the Read link below to visit the New Movies page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.