Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Charlotte's Web 
- Dreamgirls 
- Eragon 
- Night at the Museum 
- Night at the Museum: The IMAX Experience 
- The Pursuit of Happyness 
- Rocky Balboa 
- Star Wars: A New Hope - Special Edition 
- We Are Marshall 
Add Your Comments
- Watch the New Trailer for "Jaws 19" [10/6]
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
E.B. White's "Charlotte's Web" is a classic children's story, and there are very few adults who don't remember reading it for themselves. 33 years ago, the book got a boost of popularity when an animated movie based on the book was released. Today marks the release of a new movie, and this time, the animals are more lifelike than ever before through the wonders of mixing CGI special effects and live action.
Can Dakota Fanning, and the voices of a star-studded cast (including Julia Roberts, Robert Redford, John Cleese, Steve Buscemi, and others) make the 2006 version a classic? Our Featured Movie Critic liked the movie a lot, and it's on the most screens in the country, so the studio and theaters must think it will do some great business.
If talking pigs and spiders aren't your style, but talking dragons are, you're in luck. "Eragon" is the story of a boy who finds what might be the very last dragon in the world. Unfortunately, the king is not a fan of dragons and sends his evil sidekick to dispense with the matter. Our Featured Critic drew quite a few parallels between the story and the original Star Wars, which could be enjoyable or disturbing, depending on your perspective.
Lastly, we have something for the adults. Unfortunately, it sounds like kind of a downer. Will Smith stars in "The Pursuit of Happyness," a story of an unemployed salesman and his son who are struggling to make ends meet and his dream of a better life for the two of them.
If you're looking for a pick-me-up, look no further than the advance shows that are happening tomorrow for the sports movie "We Are Marshall." These advance showings are happening only at select theaters, so check out the showtimes page for the movie for locations and showtimes.
With the Christmas holiday fast approaching, it can be difficult to get your shopping done, make plans for visiting Aunt Zelda, and still having time to catch a movie. While we can't help you with what to wear to Aunt Zelda's house, we can help you with the other two!
Some theaters are already posting their showtimes for next weeked, so you can buy your tickets in advance for movies like Dreamgirls, Rocky Balboa, or Night at the Museum. (Maybe Aunt Zelda would like to catch a movie with you!)
You can also take a good whack at those last gift items by visiting our Gift Shop. You know the stores are running out of the good stuff and the crowds are going to be a pain, so save yourself the hassle and shop online. Our featured merchants are offering great prices on movies, music, movie posters, games, books, electronics, clothing, photo gifts, and more!
We've even made gift-giving easy by providing an easy to use Gift Ideas browser courtesy of Amazon.com. Some of the items are hand-picked by our staff, while others are best selling items for all of Amazon's many customers. If you're still not sure what to get that special someone, you can purchase gift certificates and Gift Cards for Amazon.com, iTunes, Target, and more.
Click the Read link below for information on all the new movies coming out this week and next!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.