Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Music and Lyrics 
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
WARNER BROS. TEAMS WITH VH1 TO MAKE AN ASPIRING SONGWRITER'S DREAMS COME TRUE WITH THE "YOUR MUSIC, YOUR LYRICS" ONLINE CONTEST
CONTEST TO CELEBRATE THE FEBRUARY 14TH / VALENTINE'S DAY RELEASE OF THE ROMANTIC COMEDY "MUSIC AND LYRICS," STARRING HUGH GRANT AND DREW BARRYMORE.
BURBANK, CA, December 26, 2006 - Inspired by the upcoming romantic comedy "Music and Lyrics," Warner Bros. Pictures is partnering with music and pop culture channel VH1 to give songwriting hopefuls the chance to have their original love song professionally recorded in the "Your Music, Your Lyrics" songwriting contest.
Beginning December 26, 2006 and running through January, 20, 2007, contestants can write, record and upload an original love song to Talentload.tv/musicandlyrics. Videos of the entries will be streamed via the website and assessed on the basis of theme, lyrics and overall musicality. Entries will be rated by online users, and the top-rated videos will be judged by a panel of experts from VH1 and representatives from the film, "Music and Lyrics." The winning song will be selected on February 3, 2007. The lucky winning songwriter will be flown to Los Angeles for the red carpet premiere of "Music and Lyrics" and will also have their song professionally recorded.
For more information, additional details, restrictions regarding the song's content, as well as the full contest rules and prize considerations please visit Talentload.tv/musicandlyrics.
Opening nationwide on February, 14, 2007, "Music and Lyrics" is the story of Alex Fletcher (HUGH GRANT), a washed-up '80s pop star who's been reduced to working the nostalgia circuit at county fairs and amusement parks. The charismatic and talented musician gets a chance at a comeback when reigning pop diva Cora Corman invites him to write and record a duet with her, but there's a problem--Alex hasn't written a song in years, he's never written lyrics...and he has to come up with a hit in a matter of days. Enter Sophie Fisher (DREW BARRYMORE), Alex's beguilingly quirky plant lady, whose flair for words strikes a chord with the struggling songwriter. On the rebound from a bad relationship with the newly famous novelist Sloane Cates (CAMPBELL SCOTT), Sophie is reluctant to collaborate with anyone, especially commitment-phobe Alex. As their chemistry heats up at the piano and under it, Alex and Sophie will have to face their fears--and the music--if they want to find the love and success they both deserve.
The film also stars Brad Garrett as Alex's steadfast manager and Kristen Johnston as Sophie's sister, Rhonda, who happens to be one of Alex's biggest fans. Newcomer Haley Bennett plays young pop princess Cora Corman.
Castle Rock Entertainment presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Reserve Room Production: Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore in "Music and Lyrics," also starring Brad Garrett, Kristen Johnston and Campbell Scott. Written and directed by Marc Lawrence, "Music and Lyrics" is produced by Martin Shafer and Liz Glotzer. The executive producers are Nancy Juvonen, Hal Gaba and Bruce Berman. The co-producers are Scott Elias and Melissa Wells. The director of photography is Xavier Perez Grobet. The production designer is Jane Musky. The film is edited by Susan E. Morse, A.C.E. and the music is by Adam Schlesinger. The soundtrack is available on Warner Sunset/Atlantic Records.
"Music and Lyrics" will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures. The film has been rate PG-13 for some sexual content.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.