Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
I've made some updates to the Reader Reviews section, where readers can write movie reviews for the movies they see. They provide a nice contrast to the professional movie critic reviews that we provide and that are so common in newspapers and other media outlets.
The first change is very minor in the grand scheme of things, but something that has been on my to-do list for quite some time. All VIP members that write reviews now have a logo next to their names. You will begin to see this logo used whenever a feature is available to our VIP Members.
The next new change is in the "Find Reviewer" feature, which displays all the reviews written by a particular reader. To see an example of this display, go to any Reader Review, like one written for Pirates of the Carribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, and click on a reviewer's name.
If you click my name preceding my review, you will see this list of movies I've reviewed. At the top of that listing is now a summary table showing the total number of movies that I've reviewed, and how many I've assigned to each rating. The movies are also sorted by the rating given.
The final change made today is in the "Compare Reviewers" feature. As you are viewing the list of movies that someone has reviewed, there is a link to Compare Your Reviews to... This feature compares the list of movies that person has reviewed and the ratings given to each movie with the reviews that you have written. (Click on the link to compare your reviews to George Jobson, our most prolific reader-reviewer)
The display has been enhanced to better illustrate how your reviews match and groups the movies by exact matches, close matches (where you are only one rating different), and matches that are not close (like you assigning a movie a See Now! and they rated it as a Wait for Rental or Stay Away!). This feature is available exclusively to our VIP Members.
More improvements are on the way, so keep an eye on the Site News headlines for the latest features. If you have ideas for features that you would like to see, please use our Feedback Form and let me know!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.