Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Sarasota 12
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth, TX: Luxury AMC Movie Theater Coming to The Shops at Clearfork [3/28]
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
All guests receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase December 20-24
Sarasota, Fla. (December 11, 2006) – This holiday season, Sarasota residents will be given the gift of entertainment when AMC Sarasota 12 opens to the public on Wednesday, Dec. 20. AMC's signature comfort, quality, service and convenience will allow moviegoers to "Experience the Difference" at the sensational new theatre. The theatre will open with some of the season's most anticipated films such as "Apocalypto," "The Pursuit of Happyness," "Rocky Balboa" and "Charlotte's Web," and all guests who visit AMC Sarasota 12, Dec. 20-24, will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
"We are thrilled to once again collaborate with our partners at Westfield and be part of such a dynamic project," said Phil Singleton, president and chief operating officer, AMC Theatres. "AMC is known for its rich history of innovation and commitment to guest satisfaction, and takes pride in providing our guests with the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience. We have great faith that AMC Sarasota 12 and Westfield Sarasota Square will be the entertainment destination in the market."
Offering the best in programming, amenities and guest satisfaction, the new theatre is designed to celebrate the entertainment experience and make every guest feel like a VIP. AMC Sarasota 12 will feature AMC's signature design concepts including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, entertaining directors' series photographs, a modern-day rendition of the red carpet and classic movie quotes inlaid in custom flooring. Creating the perfect setting for moviegoing magic and an unmatched presentation, two auditoriums are equipped with screens more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
Serving as the entertainment anchor of the Westfield Sarasota Square revitalization, AMC Sarasota 12 will boast state-of-the art amenities including:
- Twelve auditoriums with more than 2,000 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "articulating" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Rear Window Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are all available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABO) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up outside the theatre.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in the early 1920s, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Sarasota 12 can expect to enjoy industry-leading customer programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.CinemaSM - a value program that offers guests the best ticket price ($4) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- AMC SELECTSM - an innovative program that brings an exciting and diverse selection of the best specialty films to the mainstream moviegoer, special films for select tastes.
- Clip's PicksSM - a 10-item value menu featuring AMC's most popular concession items. The menu allows moviegoers at AMC Sarasota 12 to create their own concession combinations with items $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the U.S.
- AMC MovieWatcher® - the industry's first and largest frequent moviegoing club that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased.
Located on the southeast corner of the development, AMC Sarasota 12 is the entertainment anchor and part of the $50 million Phase I reinvestment project at Westfield Sarasota Square. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/sarasota.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to the early 1900s, the company today serves more than 240 million guests annually through interests in 411 theatres and 5,635 screens in 11 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com/sarasota.
Source: AMC Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.