Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alexander 
- Beerfest 
- Blood Diamond 
- The Departed 
- Happy Feet 
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 
- The Matrix Reloaded 
- The Matrix Revolutions 
- The Matrix 
- Ocean's Twelve 
- Ocean's Eleven 
- Superman Returns 
- We Are Marshall 
- The Wicker Man 
Add Your Comments
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Denon Announces New X-Series Network A/V Receivers, Dolby Atmos Support [7/24]
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
- A Product That Redefines a Backyard Home Theater Project [1/29]
Warner Home Video has announced some of the movies it will be releasing in 2007 on HD DVD high definition disc:
- The Wicker Man (1/30)
- Beerfest (Unrated Edition) (1/30)
Some Time in 2007
- Happy Feet
- Blood Diamond
- We Are Marshall
- The Matrix trilogy
- The Harry Potter movies
- Oceans Eleven
- Oceans Twelve
- Bullitt (1972)
- The Getaway (1972)
- Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut
Warner Home Video 2007 High Definition Slate Best Films of 2006 and 2007 and Classic Favorites on HD DVD
2007 International CES
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In 2007 Warner Home Video (WHV) will offer consumers a dynamic slate of titles on HD DVD including the critically acclaimed and highly anticipated Martin Scorsese gangster drama The Departed on February 13. The Departed is the proud recipient of six Golden Globe™ nominations this year including Best Motion Picture, Best Actor (Leonardo DiCaprio), Best Supporting Actor (Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg), Best Director (Martin Scorsese) and Best Screenplay (William Monahan). The Departed will be available on HD DVD Combo for $39.99 SRP.
Since the inception of the format in April 2006, WHV has released 53 titles on the HD DVD format and has six of the top 10 selling HD DVDs for 2006 including the #1 selling title, Superman Returns.
Also coming to HD DVD will be the riveting thriller The Wicker Man which will be available on January 30 and includes an alternate ending not seen in theaters. The slapstick comedy Beerfest (Unrated) from the Broken Lizard comedy group will also arrive to stores on the 30th. Both HD DVD titles will be available for $28.99 SRP. All bonus materials on the standard DVD version will be included on the high definition versions.
Warner Bros. recent theatrical hit Happy Feet and the critically acclaimed films Blood Diamond and We Are Marshall will make their HD DVD debuts in 2007. Dates and specifics for these titles will be announced soon.
WHV will be opening the vaults and bringing out fan favorites and top franchises for all genres. Planned releases for 2007 include The Matrix franchise, all of the Harry Potter films and Oceans 11 and Oceans 12. Other classic titles to be released in the first quarter of 2007 include Bullitt and The Getaway (1972) starring Steve McQueen. Also being released in 2007 is Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut.
Warner Home Video, which has the largest film library of any studio, will continue to release a wide variety of the most successful titles from its collection on HD-DVD and Blu Ray Disc to bring the high definition viewing experience home to more consumers than ever before. In 2006, Warner Home Video released The Forbidden Planet Ultimate Collector’s Edition HD DVD and will continue to release Ultimate Collector’s Edition HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs to meet high definition and collector consumer needs.
Warner Home Video HD DVDs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. HD DVDs also provide a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu-bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.
Source: Warner Home Video Press Release, thanks to Engadget HD.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.